For best results, we highly recommend avoiding the following services or products prior to your appointment:
6 WEEKS PRIOR
• Avoid chemical peels, microdermabrasions, IPL, lasers and any facials
4 WEEKS PRIOR
• Avoid Retin-A, Retinoids, Tretinoin, Botox/Fillers and brow growth serums
2 WEEKS PRIOR
• Do not take antibiotics or tan. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the tattoo pigment with it.
1 WEEK PRIOR
• Discontinue vitamins (fish oils, turmeric, vitamin e, biotin etc). Vitamins are natural blood thinners and can cause excessive bleeding during your treatment.
48 HOURS PRIOR
• Do not consume alcohol or ibuprofen, headache medications or aspirin
24 HOURS PRIOR
• Do not consume caffeine (tea, coffee, soda, energy drinks). Any excessive bleeding will compromise your results
Post treatment care makes up 50% of the total treatment success. Conscientiously adhere to the given advice because if not, you can risk losing up to 80% of the drawn strokes.
At the end of your session, we will provide you with an after care kit that has everything you need for the 7-10 day healing process. This may vary per skin type, but 10 days is recommended for the best results.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR THE FIRST 7-10 DAYS:
- Gently wipe the treated area with an aftercare wipe or moist cotton pad 1-2 hours after the procedure, allow the skin to dry and then apply a thin layer of the aftercare gel, repeat every 2 hours the first day.
- Day 2, gently dab the treated area with the wipes or wet cotton pad prior to applying the provided gel, make sure the skin is always dry before applying.
Powder Brows Treatment
- Clean eyebrows 30 minutes post-treatment with wet cotton pads to remove any lymph, allow the skin to dry and then apply a thin layer of the aftercare gel
Normal/Dry Skin: Repeat every hour for 3 hours
- Clean once again before bed, 4-5 times total
Oily/Combination Skin: Repeat every 30 minutes for 3 hours
- Clean once again before bed, 6-7 times total
Day 2 – 10
- Apply aftercare ointment 3 times a day for normal skin, 1-2 times daily for oily skin
- Remember to always keep the area hydrated
- Avoid getting the treated area wet for 7-10 days
- No sweating or excessive exercise for 7 days
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the brow area for 7 days
- No major sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks
- No facials, botox, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for 6 weeks
4 WEEKS PRIOR
- Avoid fillers and antibiotics
2 WEEKS PRIOR
- Avoid sunbathing
3 DAYS PRIOR
- Exfoliate lips with a scrub and keep them continuously moisturized for 3 days prior (you can make a homemade scrub with sugar and honey)
- If you have a history of cold sores/fever blisters, take Valtrex or Zovirax 3-5 days prior or as prescribed
24-48 HOURS PRIOR
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine (tea, coffee, soda, energy drinks) and blood thinners (Ibuprofen, headache medications, aspirin products)
- Blot lips with damp cotton round every 30 minutes – 1 hour to remove any lymph fluid, minimize scabbing and allow the area to dry before applying ointment.
- If you have a history of cold sores/ fever blisters, take Valtrex or Zovirax for 3-5 days after or as prescribed.
- Continue to apply ointment 3-5 times per day (more often as needed) to keep lips hydrated and moisturized
7 Days Post-Treatment
- Do not soak lips in water
- Avoid makeup, smoking, sweating, saunas, and swimming pools
- Eat carefully to avoid smudging lips, no spicy, citrus or acidic foods
- All alcohol and drinks should be consumed through a straw
3-6 Weeks Post-Treatment
- Avoid any prolonged sun exposure/sunbathing
- Avoid fillers and botox in the area
- Discontinue Retinols, Retinoids, Tretinoin, Glycolic, Salicylic, Lactic acids and anti-aging products
The Healing Process
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE FIRST 4-8 WEEKS:
The good news is, the Intensified color and slight redness are part of the initial stages of healing and will only be from days 2-5. Don’t worry, don’t freak out.. just be patient. This is the initial shock phase and we ask that you just simply trust the process. After 7 days, the brows will fade about 20% and shrink about 10% to a much more natural look. The sensation can be comparable to that of a slight burn and minimal peeling or flaking may take place. Refrain from picking at your brows as you may run the risk of removing pigment in the process.Healing will vary with skin type, but you may experience color fading and loss of hair strokes. This is completely normal. Permanent Makeup is a two step process. A Touch-Up is required 6-10 weeks after the initial session so we can assess your healing and fill in any missing strokes as well as give a color boost for more optimal results. We can then recommend the best follow up timeline for future appointments.